Whether you are a foreign student wishing to study at NOVA Medical School|Faculdade de Ciências Médicas (NMS|FCM) under the Erasmus+, or a NOVA Medical School student wishing to apply for a period of studies abroad, use the links on this webpage to learn more about it.
Further information about the international cooperation of Universidade NOVA de Lisboa here.
instructions for INCOMING applicants: STEP-BY-STEP
1. Make sure there is a Bilateral Agreement between your Home University and FCM|NMS in the field of Medicine. To confirm if there is a valid agreement, please check our List of Partner Universities.
2. Contact your International Relations or Erasmus Office. If you are selected, then we expect them to send us your nomination by email (), including the following information: student's full name, gender, date of birth, email, nationality, period of stay, year of course, departmental coordinator's name and email;
3. Submit your application to FCM|NMS until the 15th of June 2020: https://forms.gle/uAdof4sVj2RXfrqd9;
4. Send us the following documents until the 15th of June 2020: National ID or Passport; Transcript of Records (validated by your Home University); 1 Photo (for the student card); Erasmus Learning Agreement for Studies / Erasmus Learning Agreement for Traineeships / Non-Erasmus Study Plan, completed and signed by you and by your Home University;
5. Send us the B1 Level Portuguese Language Certificate by email until the 1st of September (for 1st semester and annual students) or 1st of February (for 2nd semester students).
Deadline for submitting applications for 2020-2021 (applicable for 1st/2nd semester and annual students): 15th of June 2020
- Schedules: (2020/2021 will be available during the month of June)
- Integrated Master Degree in Medicine
Important Additional Information
Students are requested, as far as possible, not to mix subjects from the non-clinical years (1st, 2nd and 3rd years) with subjects of the clinical years (4th, 5th and 6th years), because they might not be compatible within their weekly schedules. Nominated students must consult carefully our curriculum and the present year schedules and try to set up a feasible study plan by avoiding any overlapping between courses/subjects/internships.
· For Erasmus+ Traineeships, a Bilateral Agreement between FCM|NMS and Home University is not mandatory. The only academic offer available for these applications is our 6th years’ traineeships/courses/subjects. All applications for Erasmus+ traineeships, either from partner or non-partner Universities, must be addressed to the Section of International Mobility of FCM |NMS and not to any of its partner Hospitals.
FCM|NMS does not accept free-mover students. All applications must be framed within a student mobility programme or based on a cooperation agreement.
Mobility Programmes Coordinator
Faculdade de Ciências Médicas | NOVA Medical School
Section of International Mobility (SIM)
Campo dos Mártires da Pátria, 130
1169-056 Lisbon · Portugal
Tel. +(351) 21 880 30 71